The following is a list of summarized steps of the reinstallation process. These steps should only be used by those that are familiar with details of administering an iSymphony server. If you are not familiar with the iSymphony server installation process, follow the detailed steps in the subsequent sections.
- Stop the iSymphony server
- Backup the
/opt/isymphony3/directory and its contents.
- Uninstall the server and remove the
- Perform a clean installation of the iSymphony server, utilizing an installation package with same version as the original installation.
- Stop the iSymphony server, if running.
- Remove the current
- Replace the
confdirectory with the version from the backup.
If in a FreePBX environment run the following command:
- Start the iSymphony server.
Prior to Reinstalling
1. Determine The Version Of The Current Install
You will need to use the same version of the current iSymphony installation for the reinstall. You can check the current version of the server via the following methods:
- Log into the iSymphony Client or Administrator interface. You will see the version in the footer.
- The about page in the iSymphony Client.
- The Admin->iSymphony V3 page, in the FreePBX web GUI.
By running the following command on the server command line:
The above command is only available in iSymphony 3.2+ RPM installations.
2. Determine The Required Installation Method
You can change the installation method during a reinstall. Just ensure that the version of the installer is the same as the current install and you are using the correct installer for your environment.
To determine the correct installation method for your server see Determine the Installation Method. You will need to download the correct installer package to the server before you begin.
3. Backup The Current Install (IMPORTANT)
If you do not create a backup, you will loose your configuration during reinstallation.
We will need to backup the server configuration so that we can restore it later. To do this simply make a backup of the following directory and all its contents:
Follow the steps below to reinstall the iSymphony server.
- Stop the iSymphony server. See Starting And Stopping The iSymphony Server.
- Uninstall the iSymphony server. See Uninstalling iSymphony.
- Remove the
/opt/isymphony3directory to get rid of any residual files.
Run the installation package. See Installing iSymphony for commands to run for each type of installation package.
If you wish to restore your configuration from the original installation, follow the steps below:
- Stop the iSymphony server, if it is running. See Starting And Stopping The iSymphony Server.
Remove the following directory:
confdirectory, you just deleted, with the
confdirectory from the backup you made earlier.
If you are in a FreePBX environment run the following comand to ensure proper ownership of the installation.
- Restart the iSymphony server. See Starting And Stopping The iSymphony Server.