Before upgrading your iSymphony installation read the upgrade notes of the respective version! There might be additional steps depending on that version.
The automatic method of upgrading iSymphony allows for an easy, automatic upgrade process. To perform an automatic update, follow these steps:
- Back up all files in
/opt/isymphony3/server/conf. This is extremely important, in case something goes wrong with the upgrade.
- Log into the iSymphony administration interface as a super administrator. See Connecting to the Administration Interface for more details on how to access the administration interface.
- Select the Global Configuration link in the top right corner. If the Global Configuration link is not present, ensure you are logged in as a super administrator. See Administrators for more details on the difference.
- Locate the Modules section, on the right side of the screen. If an update is available, a button will appear titled Download System Update <version> will appear, along with links to the release notes and upgrade guide for the new version. The <version> piece will indicate which version is available to update to. Be sure to review the release notes and upgrade guide before performing the upgrade.
- Click the Download System Update <version> button. The text on the button will change to indicate that the update is downloading, and the progress so far. Once the download has completed, the button text will change to Install System Update <version> to indicate that the update is ready to be installed.
- When you are ready to install the update, click the Install System Update <version> button. iSymphony will shut down, install the update, and restart afterwards. While it is doing so, iSymphony will be unavailable for use. When it has completed restarting, you can log in to explore the changes.